The Dance Movement Therapy Association (DTAA) is the recognized professional body for dance movement therapy in Australia. It sets the standards for Professional and Associate levels of membership, training and supervision. The DTAA also warmly welcomes General and Student members.
- establishing and maintaining standards for training, research and professional practice
- providing a means of communication, education and networking between dance-movement therapists, other health professionals, employers and clients
- liaising with other relevant peak and professional bodies
- providing information and resources for dance-movement therapy practitioners, students and the wider community
- offering Professional Membership status to applicants who meet the training criteria, and Associate, Student or Overseas membership to others interested in dance-movement therapy.